Sunday 10 April 2011

Birds of Prey in Risley

I recently had the great pleasure of going back to Risley, the Derbyshire village where I spent many a happy weekend in my younger years. My Bonnemaman (Belgian Grandma) and Grandad lived in a lovely big, old house (left) with outhouse after outhouse next to garden after garden.


As part of a nature series for the afternoon programme I went to a bird of prey centre in the village. The lives I do in the afternoon last

longer than for the breakfast show where we cover many more stories - so I had plenty of time to get my hands on a very dangerous animal...

1 comment:

  1. I wonder why they chose Risley for this enterprise?
    This has wetted appetite for more, as you suggest at end of piece. How does Rob train the birds of prey? Why is that type of owl the favourite?
    I thought your reaction to the owl made the piece more interesting..

    ReplyDelete