Sunday 17 December 2017

Loneliness

I've been filming a really important story in Doncaster which highlights a wider problem. The charity b:Friend has estimated around one in four older people are chronically lonely, where someone feels lonely all or most of the time. I really enjoyed meeting Alan and Julia...



BBC Copyright

Since my story was broadcast I'm really pleased to report that more than 100 people have contacted the charity to volunteers as befrienders - showing that by highlighting issues in our society, us journalists can help make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. very interesting - I am not surprised loneliness causes all sorts of health problems. Great way to go about combatting this - and a good report - clear and fairly comprehensive in a short space of time

    ReplyDelete