Sunday 10 January 2021

Scammonden Steps

I revisited a story I first did two years ago about male mental health. Manuel Benages has raised more than £18,000 for the charity Get Fit 4 Mental Wellness he set up so that they can support many more people in crisis. He took on a Herculean challenge of walking up the 548 steps up the side of Scammonden reservoir in West Yorkshire 105 times! I filmed the story and then dashed back to Sheffield to edit it in one hour which is all the time I had before it was going on air - a good test of my skills.


BBC Copyright

2 comments:

  1. Very moving story - by bringing suicide (and how to prevent it) to our attention in such a public way, Manuel will help many people..
    I know from personal experience that physical activity helps mental wellbeing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for editing in one hour, Mark !

    ReplyDelete