Sunday 14 January 2018

Hathersage Lido

I've been to Hathersage open air swimming pool to film a story on the fact that it's opening all year round for the first time in its 82 year history. I really enjoyed filming this, meeting the swimmers who were very enthusiastic about cold water swimming. I also found looking through photos of the lido from the 1930s particularly enjoyable and decided to start my report with them. The staff their helped too - particularly with filming my piece to camera. I used a second camera - a GoPro - to film this shot from a different angle and I think it really adds to the piece. Obviously I had to have a swim in the pool, despite it being zero degrees outside!



BBC Copyright

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant !
    Ironic to switch heating back on in March !

    ReplyDelete