Sunday 1 June 2008

Cardiff Course Portfolio

I'm just a week away from finishing the Broadcast Journalism course at Cardiff Uni. What an experience! The highs of interviewing the Wales rugby coach on the Millennium Stadium pitch to the lows of being refused an interview that (had been agreed and) I was dependent on; it has been a superb training ground.

The climax of the course was not really the exams, but the portfolio which we had about 10 days to complete.

For my TV piece, I covered the increasing sales of real ale among small and micro breweries. The package is below. The presenter link to the story is:
'Sales of real ale from micro and small breweries are growing as we're developing an appetite for a more sophisticated tipple and are left unsatisfied by mass-produced beer.
This is despite the fact that the pub industry is in trouble - fifty seven pubs across the UK are closing every month.
Mark Ansell reports...'



And for radio, I covered two FA Cup-related stories:
I spoke to Jo Borely and Nick Young, a couple of Cardiff Uni students who were avid Cardiff City fans. Despite having tickets, they wouldn't be able to make it to Wembley on time for kick off because they had an exam on the morning of the final! I did an illustrated 2-way on the story...




And I went to Cardiff Bay to soak up the FA Cup Final atmosphere with thousands of Cardiff fans who watched the game on the giant screen...

No comments:

Post a Comment