Thursday 19 May 2011

Pride Park

It was BBC Radio Derby's 40th birthday last month and we've been marking it by looking back at some of the key events in Derbyshire and East Staffordshire over the last four decades. I made a package on Derby County's move from the Baseball Ground to Pride Park in 1997. I went along to the recent home game against Hull where I took this photo and recorded lots of natural sound which included the fans going through the turnstiles and crowds chanting. You can listen to my package by clicking here.

The first football match I ever went to was at the Baseball Ground with my dad. We slipped in at half time for free and stood on the terraces. Pride Park is a fantastic place to watch football thanks partly to the fact that Derby County are still able to attract 25,000 fans to every home game despite this being a disappointing season. You can listen to some of the other BBC Radio Derby 40th anniversary packages here.

No comments:

Post a Comment