Wednesday 26 January 2022

Loneliness

I re-visited a story I first covered more than four years ago about loneliness. Having looked into the latest data from the Office For National Statistics I wasn't surprised to learn that loneliness has got a lot worse in the pandemic with more than 7% of adults suffering with loneliness often or always. I filmed with South Yorkshire charity b:friend which is making a big difference to improve the lives of older isolated people. It matches volunteer 'befrienders' with older people living nearby who are lonely. They have more than 700 pairings and demand is higher than ever.


BBC Copyright

1 comment:

  1. It is quite true that if you help someone that also helps you ! We need human company. Congratulations to all involved in b:friend and let's look out for others who are lonely. I get lonely and I have a partner in this house ! What it is like for those who are always on their own I can only imagine

    ReplyDelete